Thursday, April 3, 2014

What's your excuse? (I am a pushover)

I gave a test last week.  Prior to the test I had not received any notes/calls/emails/etc that students would not be able to take the test.  How exciting for me...

Then the excuses started flying:

  • I am contagious.  (I have a doctor's note)
    • Sure.  Please stay home.  The test can be made up.
  • I am not ready to take it right now, could I have more time?
    • Sure.  Go study.  You need to take it before the next time we meet.
  • I am at a funeral today and won't make it to the test.
    • Sure.  You did not know about the funeral yesterday?
  • My car broke down last night and I don't have a ride to school today.
    • Sure.  Oh... you are going to take the test during our next class...  so you are missing new material to take the test.  Sure.
  • I overslept and have another class right now.
    • Sure.
  • My green card was revoked.  I have been out of the country trying to get back in.
    • Sure.  ?!?  never heard that reason before ?!?
  • I promised my mom that I would work for her today and cannot make it to the test.
    • Really?  The test has been on the schedule since January.  But Sure.
I am a pushover.  I believe every excuse is probably valid.  Just when they come pouring in all at once that it becomes a bit surreal.


No comments:

Post a Comment